Saturday, May 9, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

Why not celebrate a little nothing now and again? The right half of Celeste is nearly finished now and will soon be able to accompany the left half! Then I only have neck band and the front band to knit up and attach and then this project will be done.
I have also decided to design something of my own with side to side seamless construction. It is inspired by the Rowan Kidsilk Haze yarn that was used for Celeste, but for my design I want to use the color ice cream. It is a magic color that is a bit difficult to describe. It really is just like ice cream, and a miraculous work of art as far as dying goes. It sort of appears to be a pearly whitish color, but it has rosy undertones. It definitely has a lot of pink to it, but not a loud or garish pink. It is very subtle... it's hard to explain and the picture doesn't quite capture all of its magic, but you can get a small taste of how wonderful it is! :) This particular skein will be used for gauge swatching/ experimentation. It came along with some other yarn that I wanted to try. I wanted some Louet Kidlin, the recommended yarn for Anjou, my possible next project from French Girl. I also loved the insane purplish color of Kidsilk Haze called splendor. Here are my newest yarn babies:





The color is a bit funky and over-the-top, but somehow I like it. I really don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it'll find its way in there somewhere. P!nk might just approve :) (Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
The other night my Oma made me the most wonderful beautiful cafe au lait bowl full of chocolate on Earth that just needed to put up so here it is:

This is the dressform by the way? Isn't it beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. your knitting awesomeness still makes me flip out.

    p.s. i miss u & i've started watching firefly. i saw the first two eps in the car today.

    p.p.s. check yur email

    i loves you my dear cousin! (you are my cousin, right?)

    ReplyDelete