Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer Soft

She wakes you up with a kiss to start the morning off... Yes I do love Stevie Wonder!

As I was feeling like blogging for some reason and was looking through my pictures while I waited for my internet to load, I happened upon (isn't that a lovely phrase- happened upon oooh) this particular painting. I took this picture myself a few years ago when I went to the Legion of Honor Museum in San Francisco, one of my favorite places of all time. It reminded me of summertime... First of all I love impressionism and I of course adore this painting for that fact as well as my love for country scenes that include trees and paths of course of course. Oh! to walk that path! I actually don't even remember this painting or what it was like in person, so it's a funny thing that I find it years later in my pictures and get inspired by it. I guess it was just meant to be.

On the note of that amazing museum and to continue on with one of this blog's major themes: furniture fanaticism!!! Besides the many wonderful paintings there were rooms upon rooms of beautiful wonderful furniture and trinkets!!! It was the stuff of dreams! First of all French stuff!!! Oh my oh my!

This [recovered] sofa once belonged to Marie Antoinette herself briefly before she gave it away as a gift for some inlaws of hers. I guess when you're rich out of your mind you gots sofas that pass around your family. :)
Oh la la petite blue silk covered chairs with an exquisite wood desk with guilding on the legs and feet and of course the insanely intricate inlays with all the flowers and vines!!! Could you imagine having that in your house?!!!
Uncommonly beautiful... what more can I say about this... any commentary would just... not do
Since they even brought some of the exquisite walls of the old French palaces I was able to actually experience them myself as if I was actually in them. I felt as though as I was haunting them as a futuristic ghost... enjoying the sight of their beautiful old furniture... yet not being able to touch or use it... only to observe everything as if it were a dream.
I'm sure it is also quite obvious that I am a great lover of: all things historical and NICK NACKS!!!!!!!! Some general loves of life:

I adore clocks... my petite chateau is full of clocks because I love them so much.... it's important to know the time hey why not make it pretty- not only pretty outstandingly beautiful???




Figurines and snuff boxes!!! wow... what else can I say everything is just so exquisite and detailed and tiny and... cute :)


I plan to do a whole tributary post just on my dishes and general porcelain and cermamic mania so just a preview:
Again a timepiece wins my heart.

2 comments:

  1. GAH. so apparantly my RSS feeds went down, 'cause this post never came up in my reader ... i feel guilty for not checking this/commenting on it sooner, but ... anyway.

    your love of furniture/clocks/knickknacks/old french stuff never ceases to amaze me, 'specially since that part of history usually bores me out of my mind. but, somehow, your commentary makes it all worthwile =)

    i'm thinking i should start a blog ... but then i realized i already have my website, which i probably spend too much time on already xD

    btw, you're not mad at me, are you? because i've been sending you TONS of emails, including some firefly artwork, and you haven't responded to any of them, which makes me REALLY sad. so ... if you are mad, tell me what i did atleast so i can make it better? and if not ... well, there's some stuff i REALLY want to talk to you about, so if you could email me that would be great.

    oh, consider your BSG challenge fic officially started!

    <3 Anya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, ooh, and double ooh!

    ReplyDelete