Friday, June 5, 2009

Wouldn't It Be Loverly?

Any My Fair Lady fans? Well this is a printscreen from the scene towards the beginning where she goes to get the flowers to sell for the day. It's one of my absolute favorite parts of the entire movie because it runs over all the beautiful colorful flowers... the stuff of dreams!!!!

The right half of celeste is in fact done and the lace front band is underway. Pictures will be coming be shortly!!! It's pinned up on the dress form so it can begin to hang well like it's left sister. I pinned them together and I am trying to get them to sort of... hang together but they are kind of battling... that's what blocking is for. I've never blocked mohair or even done anything with mohair really so this is going to be a new experience for me! I have only ever blocked with pin down and spray blocking but I hear immersion blocking is preferable for this yarn on this project...

The front band is not tedious per se, but it is definitely not as fun as the body itself so to cheer myself I at least began the work for Anjou, the other French Girl object of my affection! It's coming along nicely so far, though only a few rounds are so far completed. Again we have seamless construction- top down with a "set in sleeve" style shaping. It has some interesting parts to it. I love the anatomy of the sweater itself. It really flatters the feminine form. It highlights curves and has a nice low scoop neckline yet remains modest... and feminine without turning hopelessly frivolously girly... not that that is always a bad thing it's just not exactly me.

The yarn for this project is the green one I showed a couple posts back- Kidlin by Louet... the pear green linen and kid mohair blend. It is heaven to work with and so strong!!!! The doublestranded thing felt the tiniest bit wierd at first, but I'm getting over it and the feel of the yarn both in my hand as I work with it and as it knits up is just so amazing it more than makes up for it. I am looking forward to getting further into the body so I can observe it both on the lace knitting on the upper body/neckline area and the plain stockinette of the body. This sweater looks like it will have challenging aspects but for the most part be pretty simple. The stockinette will be a breeze especially since it's in the round so only knits and no purls! That makes everything go much simpler and faster... I have embraced the seamless craze!!!! Made in pieces does have a sophisticated look- but that same look can be achieved plus a little more grace and fluidity with seamless construction... it's amazing I think I'm in love!!!!

Oh! oh! oh! Visit Anya's website because she has made my Firefly-loving soul giggle with glee and jump for joy with her newest Inara artwork!!!! Link at the bottom of the page and here:

http://www.anyaprynn.com/

Go! Oh and as you can see she has promised to make a Langley artwork and Langley (from X Files) is one of the all time loves of my existence!!!!

See? Gotta love that elfy blonde hairdo!!!! And the glasses oh man!!! I think I need black false glasses too... although my tortoiseshell ones are pretty me!

1 comment:

  1. yayyyy you posted again!

    ~My Fair Lady is one of my favorite movies everrrr
    ~your knitting/sewing stuff STILL puts me in shock
    ~x-fies.x-files.x-files YAY =)

    ReplyDelete