Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hej, Jeg Hedder Je T'aime Scientesse


Rudy Maxa has convinced me that I need to at least visit, if not move to Denmark!!! So since I have discovered my European calling I decided to blog about it- yay!!! So almost all the pictures are printscreens from Rudy Maxa's Wondrous Europe DVD. They are all my favorite pictures from the Denmark section.
Also since I am in the process of learning French, but I want to learn another language too... just because. So I have decided to begin learning Danish simultaneously. Why Danish? Hmm... well because I have always wanted to know a more obscure language... on that isn't quite so commonplace as the others. French, Spanish, and English are much more common... but I mean who speaks Danish? It makes it more interesting. With English and French under my belt why not pick a more obscure one just for good measure... and since the beauty of Denmark has made me decide once and for all that someday I will find myself there... I decided why not try learning the basics of the language (and hopefully moving to fluency from there). So I rented some Danish learning stuff from the library so I can get started!!!


My original curiosity about Denmark, which I previously knew almost nothing about, started because I love FINE Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen... so when I learned he was from Denmark I realized I knew almost nothing about it and ended up watching the Rudy Maxa about it. I love Rudy Maxa and Tiggy and I have a complete set of his DVDs so we watched together while sewing. It was amazing. (Sewing post coming soon!!!)




2 comments:

  1. oooh learning Danish, ambitious! Denmark looks really pretty, i've always wanted to visit!

    i think Mads is a bit too old to be gorgeous, and his nose is too long, but to each her own i suppose.

    sewing post! i wanna read that!!

    p.s. look at my blog =) and get on AIM =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danish, sexy. Danish seems like it'd be a fun language to learn. Though, I still want to learn Italian.

    ReplyDelete